Happy Friday Nerfers!
I apologize for the lateness of the post but fret no more, because it’s time for another Featured Mod Friday!
This week we have a WIP bullpup Rapidstrike from Foo over in Singapore.
More after the jump!
Now this is quite a conglomeration of various pieces from quite a few different blasters but the result is actually quite impressive! I have to say right off the bat that I’m a huge fan of bullpup designs and I applaud people who go to these lengths to convert their blasters to this format. It takes a high level of skill and ingenuity, as well as a high level of proficiency with both internal mods and integrations.
Foo said that he was trying to model it after the Magpul PDR, and I’d say he’s done a pretty good job of it!
I’m going to go ahead and post the specs of the blaster as he gave them to me:
– 180 motors x3. Flywheels and pusher
– Stryfe flywheel cage and flywheels( upon comparison stryfe flywheels seem a tad larger than the stock rapidstrike’s. Info confirmed via torukmakto4s postings on nerf reddit forum. Stryfe cage used for the dart guide arms)
– 2 stage trigger
– full rewire
– 2 separate lipos. A 2S for the flywheels. Still deciding the power rating for the pusher as I do not want uncontrollable ROF
– will also integrate ultra violet LEDs to the magwell for glow in dark darts
– Gavin Fuzzy’s quick release mag lever,
– batteries will be stored within the blaster with the charging cables as access ports for recharging.
– lazer sight / EOtech style
Parts from : revonix 360 , stryfe, rapidstrike , roughcut , super soaker scatter blast , longshot, misc Sheet aluminum parts.
Grips / trigger – revonix 360
Top rail – revonix 360
Main body – rapidstrike
Front end- longshot
Foregrip – stryfe, roughcut, scatterblast, rapidstrike.
And now, obligatory picdump:
Foo intends to paint this beast in a tacticool scheme, meaning that it’s probably going to be all black in order to look realistic. In America, that’s a big no-n0, but things are different in Singapore, so it should look sweet and perform quite well!
I’ll be sure to update this post with pictures of it in its completed form.
Let me know what you guys think, and as always have a great weekend!